Part 2 of 2
When you are growing up you have little or no choice in your environment. The relationships that you build start off as a product of proximity. You are more likely to become friends with people you are around and have some type of connection. As we get older, we meet more people, and we have greater control over our environment and the pool of people with whom we can select our friends.
You may recall the saying that our parents used that “Birds of a feather, flock together.” Our parents were trying to communicate that your friends, who you hang around matter. We tend to mimic the behavior of people that we spend the most time with. This is not any type of manipulation, but it is our innate desire to belong and to fit-in with the community that we choose as part of our identity. Love and belongingness are basic human needs.
You are influenced by the people that you spend the most time with. You are also an influence on the people you spend the most time with. How will you yield the power of your influence? Do you even recognize the influence that you have on your world? Who are you building your community with?
Let’s get growing
You have the power to change your world, even if you do not know if yet! There is power in proximity and who you influence and those that you allow to influence you. The objective of this episode is to talk about impacts of the company that we choose to keep in our lives and business. If you want to continue to grow as a person then I encourage you to be around growing people. If you want to grow your business, then find other business owners who can encourage you along your journey. The company you keep matters, not the company that you previously kept.
- The people that are closest to you have an impact on who you are and how you are
- You can intentionally choose the relationships that you want to build
- You are not limited by your past relationships
- There are people in my life that I feel are holding me back, what can I do?
- I feel like I am leaving my friends behind. I am working and spending more time toward achieving my goals and have less time to spend doing the things we used to do. When I share the vision of what I am building with my friends and some family members, they just don’t understand and think that I am taking things too seriously. Do I leave them behind or continue to try to pull them up with me?
- How do I find my tribe?
What do you Need to do?
Find Your Tribe(s)
- Give Yourself Permission to Grow
- Give Your Family and Friends the Permission to stay where they are
- Surround yourself with people who challenge you to be greater today than you were yesterday. People who love you and accept you for who you are. People who want what you want, not just what they want for you.
- Be intentional about who you choose to spend time with.
- Be intentional about the books that you read, the videos that you watch and the podcasts that you listen to.
- Find Your Tribe to help you build your business
- Find Your Tribe to help you achieve your goals
Next Episode: Why your Why Matters?
Dismantling Your Limiting Beliefs Email Series:
Webinar on The Power of Positive Affirmations:
Business Growth Accelerator Newsletter:
Written by James Bryant
Let’s connect. Use this link to schedule a complimentary session to assess your current needs.
We can also connect on LinkedIn
Let Your Light Shine