Part 1 of Part 4 - Introduction
Whether working for someone or for yourself at one point in life you may have been confronted with overcoming a limiting belief. A limiting belief is just what it sounds like, a belief that limits your progress toward your goal. The objective of this show is to have a conversation about discovering and overcoming limiting beliefs. I will talk about my personal journey discovering & overcoming a limiting belief that at times I still struggle with. I also reached out to several other entrepreneurs asking what was the one limiting belief that they had to overcome and what suggestions they would have for you – the listeners of this show.
What are limiting beliefs?
How are limiting beliefs formed?
How do limiting beliefs hinder me from meeting my goals?
How do limiting beliefs show up in my business?
What do you Need to do?
Overcoming Limiting Beliefs
- Acknowledge that you have a limiting belief
- If possible, discover the why behind your limiting belief. The “why” may be linked to other belief systems that you currently hold to be true.
- Apply the power of self-compassion. It is OK. You can and will get through the overside of this wall.
- Make a list of things that disprove the limiting belief either from your life and experience or the life and experience of others.
- Put into practice habits that will build the life that you want that move you closer to your goals.
- Focus your thoughts and energy on where you want to go, not one where you have been or that has been holding you back. You want to be Future focused.
- If the limiting belief tries to come back remember this – You are the gatekeeper of your mind and of your body and you have the right and power to control what enters and stays in your mind!
If you have overcome or have learned to deal with your own limiting belief share your experience by answering this three question survey - Overcoming Limiting Beliefs.
Next Episode: The company you keep
Written by James Bryant
Let’s connect. Use this link to schedule a complimentary session to assess your current needs.
We can also connect on Linkedin
Let Your Light Shine